If you’ve tried my healthy remake of PF Chang’s Crispy Asian Green Beans you’ll love this Spring version with snow peas. Or if you’re feeling sassy you can sauté up both the beans and the peas together. Serve this savory, vibrant produce as a side or appetizer with my Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps or Cashew Chicken Stir Fry.
Snow Peas are a source of vitamin C, iron and manganese. Also, low in calories so a great “filler” tossed into a stir fry or pasta dish for added color, nutrients and crunch. Enjoy this easy & delicious recipe!
For a fun dinner try making homemade take out this weekend for you and your friends or family. Kids will love it too (maybe serve the crushed red pepper in a small bowl on the side for diners to add their own “heat”).
CRISPY SPICY ASIAN SNOW PEAS
gluten & dairy free
• 1 lb FRESH SNOW PEAS
• 1 tbsp OLIVE OIL, EXTRA VIRGIN
• 2 cloves GARLIC, minced (or 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
• 2 tbsp SOY SAUCE, LOWER SODIUM*
• SEA SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
• 1/4 tsp CRUSHED RED PEPPER (optional or to taste)
*Gluten-free option: Use wheat free tamari soy sauce or liquid aminos.
1. In a large wok pan or skillet heat 1 T. oil with minced fresh garlic over medium heat, watch carefully not to burn garlic (if using garlic powder stir in with soy sauce). Add snow peas and sauté until bright green, 4-6 minutes tossing occasionally.
2. Stir in soy sauce, pepper and salt if needed. Toss a few times to coat snow peas with sauce. Top with crushed red pepper if desired and serve hot as an appetizer or side. Serving size 1/4 of recipe.
NUTRITION INFO PER SERVING: 70 calories, 3.5g fat, 0.5g sat fat, 9g carb, 4g fiber, 2g sugar, 3g protein
A Little Friday Nutrition Funny…