Fall is a great time to get your muffin, cookie or bread pans out again and heat up that oven after the passing of hot weather. Creamy pumpkin, crisp apples, warm cinnamon and nutmeg, and chewy dried cranberries are a few perfect ingredients to celebrate the arrival of cooler weather.
Here are a few past favorites that will fill your house, and stomach, with the aromas of autumn. Enjoy!
1) Pumpkin Bread with Orange-Cinnamon Honey Butter – This one will become a year round staple. Great make ahead and freeze recipe.
2) Pumpkin & Cranberry Biscotti – Crunchy, tasty, hand-held bites, great dipped in hot coffee or tea!
3) Maple Pumpkin Spice Granola – So good with milk and fruit, or topped on plain, low-fat greek yogurt drizzled with a little honey. Might want to double or triple the batch for fall gifts.
4) Whole Wheat Pumpkin & Chocolate Chunk Cream Cheese Muffins – I think I can just stop there.
5) Pumpkin & Spice Whole Wheat Bagels – With 3 flavored light cream cheese options you can’t go wrong with this fall recipe.
6) Cinnamon Applesauce – Okay, so not technically a “baking” recipe, but so good, and so easy to make from the abundance of apples this time of year. Also delicious topped with low-fat yogurt.
Above fall image source: http://www.freewallpapers.name/2010/12/free-wallpapers-autumn.html