I’ve been in love with my crock-pot recently. Why do we really, not cook everything in that giant electric cooker? It’s so easy. Every time I pull it out, throw everything in and turn it on I’m reminded of that question. This soup recipe is about as easy as they come. Not only is it effortless, but extremely flavorful and healthy.
Soups are great this time of year not only for the warmth, but easy to serve large groups and visiting family.
Try adding some cooked brown rice, rice noodles or soba wheat noodles for a heartier soup. Delicious and another way to use that great invention called the slow cooker. In fact, I’m using it again today to create chicken tortilla soup to have waiting when my family arrives this evening. Love it. I can’t wait to throw those raw chicken breasts in and let them do their thing with minimal effort on my part.
What I truly can’t wait for is to see my 3-year-old nephew Eli (whom I am very thankful for), soon in all his excitement. Have a happy, healthy and safe holiday everyone.
Asian Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- 1 lb CHICKEN BREASTS
- 32 oz CHICKEN BROTH, LOW SODIUM*
- 16 oz STIR FRY VEGETABLE MEDLEY**
- 2 tbsp LOW SODIUM SOY SAUCE*
- 2 tsp RICE VINEGAR
- 1 tsp GINGER, GROUND
- 1/2 tsp GARLIC POWDER
- 1 tsp SRIRACHA HOT CHILI SAUCE (more or less to taste)
- 2 cup SPINACH, BABY, (or shredded cabbage)
- 6 GREEN ONIONS, sliced
- SEA SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
- FRESH CILANTRO, chopped for garnish or to taste (optional)
*Gluten-Free Option: Use GF or homemade chicken broth, GF tamari soy sauce and vinegar.
**Stir fry blend included broccoli, water chestnuts, red pepper, carrot, snow peas, green beans, celery & onion (use whatever blend you prefer or can find).
1. Place chicken breasts in a cooking sprayed crock pot and pour the 32 oz of chicken broth over them. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
2. Add the 16 oz frozen vegetable mix, cover and cook on low for 45 minutes. Stir in 2 T. soy sauce, 2 tsp rice vinegar, 3/4-1 t. ground ginger, 1/2 t. garlic powder, 1-2 tsp Sriracha sauce, 6 sliced green onions and 2 cups fresh baby spinach. Serve hot, serving size about 1 1/2 cups soup.
VARIATIONS: Serve over, or add cooked brown rice, rice noodles or wheat soba noodles. Or add other favorite vegetables like bok choy.
NUTRITION INFO PER SERVING: 120 calories, 0.5g fat, 35mg cholesterol, 9g carb, 3g fiber, 20g protein
Print Recipe (printer friendly PDF)