I love orange zest, it smells wonderful, looks vibrant and is packed with low-cal flavor. Whenever adding citrus to a recipe I see it as an opportune time to add a little zest as well. The fresh orange juice combined with rich honey makes an effortless dressing for this easy to assemble Spring and Summer dish.
Use any seasonal fruit you discover at the grocery store, such as grapefruit, kiwi or mango. Add some chopped fresh mint or lime zest for an extra refreshing twist. Top a bowl with Greek yogurt and granola to transform into a healthy fruit “sundae”.
Short and sweet today. A gorgeous, simple, tasty side for any meal or Easter brunch.
Fresh Mixed Fruit with Orange-Honey Dressing
gluten & dairy free recipe
• 1 FRESH PINEAPPLE, cored, peeled, chopped (how to cut a pineapple)
• 16 oz FRESH STRAWBERRIES, halved
• 12 oz FRESH BLACKBERRIES
• 4 CLEMENTINE (CUTIE) ORANGES, peeled & segmented
• 3 tbsp PURE or RAW HONEY, (more or less to taste)
• 1 large ORANGE, JUICE & ZEST
1. In a large glass bowl combine all fresh fruit. Squeeze fresh orange juice, zest and honey over top, gently mix to coat with dressing. Chill until ready to serve. Serves 8.
VARIATIONS: Add fresh chopped mint, lime zest, grapefruit, kiwi or other fresh fruit.
NUTRITION INFO PER SERVING: 110 calories, 0.5g fat, 28g carb, 5g fiber, 21g sugar, 2g protein