It’s magical… how broccoli can be so transformed spending 15 minutes hanging out in the oven. This side dish is so spectacular you will want to triple or quadruple it. I made it a few nights ago as our low carb “garlic bread” with spaghetti squash & basil marinara sauce. I regretted not making more.
We ate the whole batch between the two of us. I couldn’t keep my hands of them. No, I didn’t even take the time to grab a fork. I just popped the slightly crunchy, garlicky, lemon vegetables in my mouth. So delicious. Any adult or kid will eat their broccoli prepared this way. And don’t be afraid to add lemon zest, it compliments the green veg with a pleasantly unexpected burst of fresh flavor.
So easy to prepare, you can pick up broccoli and fix it tonight. Beautiful and tasty served alongside a juicy, grilled chicken breast or tossed with hot whole grain pasta, basil pesto sauce, sun dried tomatoes and a little parmesan cheese. A quick addition to any meal or grill out!
EASY ROASTED GARLIC BROCCOLI
gluten & dairy free
• 12 oz FRESH BROCCOLI FLORETS
• 1 tbsp OLIVE OIL, EXTRA VIRGIN
• 3 cloves GARLIC, minced
• SEA SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
• 1 tsp LEMON ZEST, about 1/2 lemon (optional)
• 1/4 tsp CRUSHED RED PEPPER (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Place broccoli (I went super quick route and bought pre-chopped organic broccoli florets, but any fresh broccoli will do) on prepared baking sheet with olive oil, garlic, sea salt and pepper to taste; toss with hands to coat.
3. Roast in the oven for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned and caramelized. Top with lemon zest, additional salt and pepper (if needed) and crushed red pepper, if desired and serve.
NUTRITION INFO PER SERVING (w/ 4 servings): 60 calories, 4g fat, 0.5 sat fat, 5g carb, 0g fiber, 0g sugar, 3g protein