Rich, creamy, berry infused yogurt dip brightened with fresh lime. Perfect festive side for any upcoming party or family gathering. Healthy, easy and half the calories of the typical counterpart.
Make ahead, chill and serve with fresh fruit or fruit skewers displayed around. Beautiful, colorful appetizer, snack, brunch side or dessert. Mix cut up produce with dip and top with chopped nuts for a nutritious fruit salad.
The combination of Greek yogurt and light cream cheese creates a luscious velvety dip without using high fat sour cream or cream cheese. Simple, healthy swaps during the holidays keeps us feeling vibrant and “on track” through a food indulgent season.
I used pineapple, red and green grapes and oranges but feel free to use any fruit available you love – strawberries, mango, kiwi, berries (may want to skewer if smaller), grapefruit, apples or pears. I also used mixed berry fruit spread but feel free to use apricot, strawberry, orange, blackberry or any flavor your heart desires.
Last night I had a ladies’ group from church over for dinner. I re-purposed cleaned glass jars (so save your fruit spread container from the fruit dip) and added fresh flowers for our centerpiece. Easy and inexpensive. I used mason jars, fruit spread and smaller glass spice jars (from Target). Love the mismatch table decor with a simple burlap runner and pretty napkins.
BERRY-LIME YOGURT FRUIT DIP
makes 20 servings
• 1/2 cup MIXED BERRY FRUIT SPREAD (or favorite flavor)*
• 2 tbsp PURE or RAW HONEY (or to taste)
• 1 1/2 cups PLAIN GREEK YOGURT, NONFAT (I used FAGE brand)
• 4 oz CREAM CHEESE, NEUFCHATEL, REDUCED FAT, softened*
• JUICE & ZEST OF 1 LIME (lemon or half an orange)
• FRESH FRUIT (pineapple, oranges, grapes, berries, kiwi, pears, apples, mango)
*Gluten free option: Use a GF cream cheese and berry spread.
1. Using an electric mixer whip softened cream cheese with honey. Add yogurt and fruit spread, continue mixing on medium-low until smooth (may be some remaining fruit pieces from spread). Fold in lime zest and juice. Cover and chill. Serve with fresh fruit or fruit skewers. Serving size: about 2 heaping tablespoons.
VARIATIONS: Mix dip with fruit for a fresh and healthy fruit salad. Top with chopped nuts if desired.
NUTRITION INFO PER SERVING: 45 calories, 1g fat, 1g sat fat, 7g fat, 6g sugar, 2g fiber