You’d never know these grain free muffins are made with coconut flour. They’re light, fluffy, moist and packed with juicy blueberries. Whether you’re looking for an easy gluten and dairy free pastry Christmas morning or not, these gems are spectacular. The whole family will love them, allergen free eater or not.
Easily make ahead and freeze for a weekday treat. And feel free to toss in berries straight from the freezer. Simple is the new sophisticated.
A few other dishes to add to your Christmas or holiday breakfast/brunch…
Creamy Raisin & Spice Breakfast Quinoa
Chilled Fruit & Nut Oatmeal
gluten & dairy free
makes 12 muffins
• 6 large EGGS
• 1/3 cup GRAPESEED OIL (coconut or olive oil)
• 1/3 cup HONEY
• 1 tbsp PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
• 1/2 tsp BAKING SODA
• 1/2 cup COCONUT FLOUR
• 1/2 tsp SALT, SEA
• 1 cup BLUEBERRIES, frozen or fresh
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a regular muffin tin with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.
2. Whisk eggs, oil, honey and vanilla in a large bowl. Add baking soda, coconut flour and sea salt. Stir just until combined and fold in blueberries.
3. Scoop about 1/4 cupfuls of batter into each muffin cup. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and set. Makes 12 muffins, serving size 1 muffin.
NUTRITION INFO PER SERVING: 150 calories, 9g fat, 1.5g sat fat, 110mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 13g carbs, 2g fiber, 9g sugar, 4g protein
Recipe adapted slightly from Elana’s Pantry, http://www.elanaspantry.com/blueberry-muffins/