I’m a big proponent that salads should be delicious & satisfying. Switch up your normal garden variety with chicken routine for one of the below options. A salad doesn’t even have to contain lettuce – there are no rules. Get outside the box and try your favorite green dish tossed with some steamed brown rice, quinoa or whole grain couscous for a more filling bowl.
Last night at a nutrition class we talked about substance meals, those including lean protein, healthy fat and a whole grain to keep us full, satisfied and nourished. Salads are a perfect way to easily include all three, especially at lunch. Add lean grilled chicken breast, fish or beef to make the side recipes below into a meal.
12) Chicken Fajita Salad – super easy and one the whole family will love!
11) Berry Chicken Pecan Salad – fresh, slightly sweet and crunchy.
10)Chinese Chicken Salad with Creamy Almond Butter Dressing – a healthier version of take out.
9) California Avocado, Walnut & Mango Chicken Salad – refreshing and deliciously unique.
8) Curried Quinoa & Roasted Butternut Squash Salad – this recipe will make you into a curry fan.
7) Roasted Veggie Quinoa Salad with Balsamic Dressing – a filling meatless plate.
6) Asian Beef Salad with Sesame Orange Vinaigrette – for the beef lovers, great substituted with chicken breasts too.
5) Butternut Squash, Cherry & Pecan Salad with Warm Apple Dressing – can’t say enough about the delicious flavor combinations in this one ~ let’s just say my husband has never gotten the chance to try it.
4) Chicken Caprese Salad – super simple and quick.
3) Blueberry Walnut Salad with Feta – bursts of juicy blueberries in a salad, yes please...
2) Grapefruit Avocado & Arugula Salad – so healthy and full of fresh detoxifying citrus and healthy fat avocados.
1) Southwest Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad – one of the most loved and viewed salad recipes to date ~ great leftover for lunch the next day.
Garden image source: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=free+pics+of+a+vegetable+garden&qpvt=free+pics+of+a+vegetable+garden&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=E314C620827F7A4A6C7617EB10630E7C87588209&selectedIndex=4