There are no words. Taste, nutrition info and even the picture of these babies will leave you speechless. Rich, gooey, fudgy and absolutely scrumptious. I may, or may have not had one with my breakfast this morning.
All I can say is please try these as quickly as possible. An easy, simple treat. We enjoyed them last night after sharing dinner with wonderful, missed friends who were in town. Lingering around the table laughing, enjoying bites of dessert in between stories as the kids colored Strawberry Shortcake and princesses. Moments that make your heart full and alive.
This recipe is a keeper and one serving contains only 9g sugar, 13g carbs and 120 calories that you absolutely will not believe after one bite, but it’s the complete truth. I promise or I wouldn’t have had that
second brownie with breakfast.
Effortless gluten and dairy free options below.
DECADENT FUDGE BROWNIES
gluten & dairy free options
• 1 – 15 oz can 100% PUMPKIN
• 2 EGGS, large
• 2 tsp PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
• 1/2 cup PURE or RAW HONEY
• 1/2 cup OLIVE, EXTRA VIRGIN or COCONUT OIL
• 1 tbsp heaping BAKING POWDER*
• 1/2 tbsp BAKING SODA
• 3/4 cup COCOA POWDER, UNSWEETENED
• 2 tbsp COCONUT FLOUR
• 4 tbsp CHOCOLATE CHIPS (optional)*
*Gluten & Dairy Free Option: make sure (*) ingredients are GF & DF.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray or grease a 9 x 9″ square baking dish with cooking spray or oil.
2. In a large bowl whisk eggs, pumpkin, honey, vanilla and oil. Add cocoa, flour, baking soda and powder; stir until combined and fold in 3 T. chocolate chips if using. Spread batter evenly into prepared baking pan and sprinkle with remaining 1 T. chocolate chips.
3. Bake for 25-30 minutes, cool at least 10 minutes and cut into 20 bars. Try serving with fresh strawberries, raspberries or yogurt.
NUTRITION INFO PER SERVING (with chocolate chips): 120 calories, 7g fat, 1.5g sat fat, 20mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 13g carb, 2g fiber, 9g sugar, 2g protein
*Recipe adapted from Eat Drink Paleo blog: http://eatdrinkpaleo.com.au/chocolate-brownies-that-blew-me-away/