If you’re looking for a new healthy side or salad you’ve just discovered it. I’ve made this dish three times since it’s first creation two weeks ago. Simple, quick to throw together and has amazing fresh flavor. Who says salads have to contain lettuce or greens?
Try as a topping for grilled chicken, burgers, or fish. I plated it up for a recent dinner party alongside my Chipotle Citrus Chicken. Then my husband scooped up the remaining salad with blue corn tortilla chips the next day for lunch.
This one won’t disappoint, and you probably have most ingredients in your pantry and fridge already. Print off for the start of grilling and picnic season!
AVOCADO, CORN & BLACK BEAN SALAD
gluten & dairy free
• 12 oz FROZEN CORN, thawed & cooled
• 1 large GREEN BELL PEPPER, chopped
• 12 oz CHERRY TOMATOES, halved
• 15 oz can BLACK BEANS, rinsed & drained
• 3 AVOCADO, cut into cubes
• 2/3 cup FRESH CILANTRO, chopped
• 3 tbsp OLIVE OIL, EXTRA VIRGIN
• 2-3 LIMES, JUICED
• 1 tbsp HONEY
• 3 cloves GARLIC, grated
• SEA SALT AND PEPPER, TO TASTE
1. In a large mixing bowl whisk together, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, honey, sea salt and pepper for the dressing. Stir in remaining ingredients and additional sea salt and pepper if needed.
2. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve (if making more than 2 hours ahead, refrigerate without avocados and add before serving). Serve as a side, or topping for grilled chicken, fish or burgers. Serves 10-12.
VARIATIONS: Add fresh chopped pineapple or mango for sweetness.
NUTRITION INFO PER SERVING (as 12 servings): 170 calories, 11g fat, 1.5g sat fat, 19g carb, 6g fiber, 4g sugar, 4g protein