Plump, ripe blueberries and sweet juicy peaches are one of my favorite fruit combinations. Bake them into a bite size muffin and you’ve got the perfect snack or addition to eggs at breakfast.
Head down to your local farmer’s market or produce aisle this morning to pick up the star ingredients for this recipe. Coconut and almond flours work great for grain free baked goods. I stuck with just coconut flour here to make these super easy and quick to whip up. Baking tip: whisk coconut flour into the batter to incorporate well (then you won’t have “pockets” of flour in your finished product).
If you have kids, grandkids, nieces or nephews involve them. Little people love putting paper muffin liners (especially mini ones) into the pan. Have them help you whisk or add ingredients into a large bowl.
A delicious 60-calorie summery pastry!
gluten & dairy free
makes 12 or 24 muffins
• 6 large EGGS, cage free
• 1/3 cup GRAPESEED OIL, 100% cold pressed
• 1/2 tsp PURE ALMOND EXTRACT
• 1 tsp LIQUID STEVIA (or 1/3 cup pure honey or maple syrup)
• 1/4 tsp CINNAMON, GROUND (optional)
• 1/2 cup COCONUT FLOUR
• 1/2 tsp BAKING SODA
• 1/2 tsp BAKING POWDER
• 1 medium PEACH, chopped finely
• 3/4 cup BLUEBERRIES, FROZEN or FRESH
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 mini, or 12 regular muffin tin cups with paper liners.
2. Whisk eggs, oil, almond extract, Stevia (or sweetener of choice) and cinnamon in a large bowl. Whisk in coconut flour, baking soda and powder until batter is smooth.
3. Fold chopped peaches and blueberries gently into batter just until incorporated. Pour even amounts of mixture into 24 or 12 prepared muffin cups. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and muffins are set in the middle.
4. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes, take out of pan and finish cooling on a baking rack. Cover tightly and refrigerate or freeze. Makes 24 mini or 12 regular size muffins.
VARIATIONS: Use raspberries or other fruit if desired.
NUTRITION INFO PER MINI MUFFIN: Calories 60, Total Fat 4.5g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 45mg, Total Carbohydrate 3g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars less than 1g, Protein 2g
Exercise Finder – click on the body part you want to work and the exercise finder will list several toning moves. Here is the link: http://www.divine.ca/en/health/exercise-finder/c_266/.
*picture and link from divine.ca blog