A few weeks ago I posted 8 Savory Soups for Easy Fall Entertaining that will warm your heart during the calendar change. As I was scanning my recipe index I had forgotten about some Fall greats that I’m featuring today. Breakfast, lunch, dinner & drinks, here they are in their tasty seasonal splendidness.
1) Maple-Pumpkin Spice Granola – Crunchy, healthy & sweet with plump chewy dried cranberries. Brunch, breakfast or snack worthy!
2) Homemade Cinnamon Applesauce – Homemade applesauce is easier than you may think, extremely flavorful & no preservatives. I love adding cinnamon to spice it up. Your house will smell wonderful, guaranteed. Beautiful side dish, snack or topping on Greek Yogurt.
3) Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies – Cookies for breakfast? Yes. Yes. Yes. No ordinary cookie here, packed with vitamin rich pumpkin, heart healthy oats and sweet cranberries (or add dark chocolate for an extra special treat). Make smaller in size for a snack or dessert. These freeze wonderfully – pull out when family is around during the holidays or for a quick after school snack.
4) Kale, Butternut Squash & Dried Cranberry Quinoa – One of my most searched and viewed recipes online (including Pinterest) to date. Packed to the max with flavor, autumn flavors and nutritional benefits. And a crowd pleaser!
5) Maple Sweet Potato Quinoa with Apple Chicken Sausage – Another great quinoa salad filled with delicious apple chicken sausage, swiss chard (can sub baby spinach too) and juicy sweet pears. Wonderful cold or warm and a great way to switch up your lunchbox salad or sandwich routine.
6) Cranberry Stuffed Acorn Squash – Creamy roasted squash stuffed with sweet pecans & cranberries. I could just eat 4 of these and call it a meal.
7) Roasted Butternut Squash & Pecan Salad with Warm Apple Vinaigrette – Fresh mixed greens tossed with caramelized butternut squash, dried cherries and a warm apple vinaigrette. One you’ll make again and again and again. Unmatchable flavor combinations. This salad will change your life. Seriously. Or at least the way you look at salad.
8) Rosemary Orange Pork Chops with Cranberry Sauce
– Orange & rosemary are a match made in heaven, and become a scrumptious crust coating for lean pork chops smothered with a fresh, sweet & tart cranberry sauce. Try serving with my kale & butternut squash quinoa recipe above. Yum.
9) Orange-Cranberry Creamy Rice Pudding – Rice pudding, so comforting and hearty. I love dishes like this one that are versatile for breakfast, dessert, brunch or snack. Orange & cranberry…what more could you ask for in a fall dish?
10) Apple-Berry Tea – One of my go-to drinks. Add fresh apple slices, frozen berries, cinnamon sticks or fresh orange slices. Simple, refreshing and gorgeous in a large, glass drink dispenser at holiday time. Or sip while curled up on your couch with a book and soft blanket on a Saturday afternoon.
What do love cooking up during the fall?